Pin It Button

Monday, July 15, 2013

Monday Made It--It's Crunch Time

Wow, summer sure is flying by! I go back in four and a half weeks and one of those weeks I will be on vacation. That means I have three and a half weeks of work time. Time to get down to business (as you will see in this edition of Monday Made It)


First I want to say that today is an awesome day! It's my hubby's birthday (and bummer for him he has to work tonight). Anyways this morning I checked my email and I had two fabulous emails awaiting me.

One telling me that I get to do a review on the infamous pencil sharpener from Classroom Friendly Supplies (OMG I could not be more excited!) So be looking for my review in about a week.

I have several packages of my favorite Ticonderoga pencils (AHHHHH Teacher Heaven) that are waiting to be sharpened, but I keep putting off because the sound of my electric pencil sharpener gives me a headache. Looks like I am waiting to sharpen these bad boys.


I also have a box full of these adorable pencils (mostly holiday related) that I was determined I would get sharpened successfully this summer. Maybe that will actually happen now that I am getting this lovely sharpener.


Needless to say I will be doing a lot of sharpening during my review of this product.

And the other email? Oh that was a goody too. It was a $25 gift card for Erin Condren's website. I won it from Lori at Second Grade Serenade. Thank you so much Lori. I can't wait to use it (right now I'm trying to decide what to buy with it since I already made my teacher planner for the year and as you will see later in this post I also made my own life planner).

And to top it all off? My hubby's car is finally fixed and thanks to his dad it only cost us $40 instead of $500. That is excellent!

Now without further ado, I bring to you my extremely packed edition of Monday Made It (I have been VERY busy!):

1-- Magnets for lunch choice board and other things
I love how they turned out; they will be featured tomorrow 
(along with another MMI) for my Tutorial Tuesdays. 
Check back tomorrow to see how to make them.

2-- Bright Idea Post-It Holder
This is the other item that will be featured in Tutorial Tuesdays tomorrow.
I bought all of those lovely lightbulb sticky notes knowing
 I could come up with some great ideas.
I had this lovely lightbulb scrapbook paper and then...
I had a lightbulb moment.
So I created this lovely item.

3--Chalkboard sign
This sign I painted with chalkboard paint 
(you have to trust me on this one since I don't have chalk at home)
I plan on using it for a project at the beginning of the year

4-- More pointers
I created a few more pointers for my collection

5-- 28 Shared Writing Journals
Tara's shared writing journals inspired me to create my own.
I kept coming up with ideas and ended up with 28 of them.
I simply printed out the covers and attached them on to my notebooks.

6-- Name Tags and Labels
I created these name tags and labels featuring my robots and gears.
I used the avery labels for name tags that tear apart.

7--CAFE signs and posters
I finally printed, laminated, and cut these out

8--Whole Brain Posters
I also printed, laminated, and cut these out this week

9--Birthday Chart
I printed, laminated, and cut these out.
I was getting ready to assemble my chart when I changed my mind.
I am going to make a bulletin board out of these instead of making my chart like originally planned.

10--Welcome Banner
I printed, laminated, and cut out the pieces to my welcome banner.
Now I have to find some cute ribbon to attach the pieces together with.

11--Calendar Pieces
I printed, laminated, and cut all of my calendar pieces as well.

As you can tell, I did a lot of printing, laminating, and cutting recently (thank goodness for my paper cutter; it really sped things up). Most of my items can be found at my TPT store: Emily's Teaching Goodies

12--My Life Organizer
I created my life organizer and then simply printed it out and assembled it in order.
I took it on one of my many trips to Office Max and had it bound.
I am in love with it!


Now head on over to 4th Grade Frolics to check out Tara's Monday Made It and all of the other MMI's.

5 comments:

  1. You have been busy! And your post gave me ideas of things I want/need to make... pointers, calendar pieces, magnets. I loved the cute "bright idea" holder!

    - Pam
    Moments to Teach

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very impressive list of Made-Its! Everything turned out great. Thank you for sharing all your ideas. I especially liked the "Bright Idea Post-it Holder". I'll have to keep on the look out for light bulb Post-it notes. Do you remember where you got these?

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful creations! Thanks so much for sharing--I found the same post it light bulbs from Target and may be using your idea...

    Smiles,
    Sarah @ Hoots N Hollers

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going to do shared writing journals for the first time this year! Can you share your ideas or are you selling them? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My covers are for sale at my TPT store. If you are interested you can purchase them here:
      Shared Journal Covers

      Delete