Pin It Button

Friday, September 6, 2013

Five for Friday 9-6-13

Friday's Post:
5 for Friday
I am linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for the 5 for Friday linky party.


#1:
The 100 Book Challenge
Last week I started the 100 Book Challenge with my students. I have been floored over the past week about all the progress they have made as readers. They are constantly begging me for time for them to read. I have one who has completed 50 books already.

#2:
Wayside School Books
Last year I started a tradition of starting the year off with the three Wayside School books as our read alouds. The students LOVE these books and always beg for more. I am all about things that get my kiddos excited about reading!

#3:
Daily 5
As I mentioned in an early post I have kicked off the beginning of my Daily 5 already, but will also be beginning my online training of Daily 5 this weekend. I am so excited to learn so much more and improve my Daily 5 skills.

#4:
Clutter Free Classroom Photo-a-Day Challenge
This challenge has been great. It has made me stop and think about these things that are happening all around us in the month of September. I know that at the end of the year I can look back at my documentation of this month and appreciate it. 
Yesterday's topic was paper and I did not get my picture posted, but I did take a picture of paper today. Here is what I posted for the Challenge:
I have a lot of papers to be grading this weekend!

#5:
Teach
I watched this amazing documentary on CBS tonight. I saw something about it on Facebook and quickly set my DVR to record it in case I didn't get to watch it on time. I started it half an hour late so I was grateful that I had DVRed it.
I wish everyone (not just teachers) would watch this and see some of the challenges we go through and what we do to overcome those challenges.


I am also linking up with Hoots N' Hollers for the Fabulous Finds Fridays Linky.
My fabulous find is the fact that Verizon gives a discount to teachers! My husband and I got a new cell phone plan last weekend through Verizon. Tuesday morning one of the teachers sent out a list of places that give teacher discounts and I notice Verizon on the list. I did some research and sure enough I was eligible. Our discount was applied to our bill today. So if you have Verizon and were not aware of this discount, get on it!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for linking up with us for Fabulous Finds Friday! Great find to share with everyone! Also, I wish I knew about the show on CBS, as I missed it... Maybe it will rerun--will check the DVR. Thanks for sharing some great goodies from your week!

    Smiles,
    Sarah @ Hoots N Hollers

    ReplyDelete